Saturday, March 17, 2012

Trista's Baptism

 As my girls grow, their first eight years seem to go by faster and faster. On February 14, Trista turned eight. Eight years old: the age of accountability and the time when we baptize our children. It's always so moving and brings with it enormous gratitude for the trust that God has placed in me; the trust that I will teach and lead His little ones back to Him. 


As I stood alongside the font, watching Trista enter those waters to be baptized by her father, I was overcome with a familiar feeling I have felt twice before as I watched Kassy and Bella do the same. It was a combination of gratitude, warmth, love, pride in my daughter, a sense of accomplishment at seeing the testimony she is developing on her own. I felt a special closeness to my Father in Heaven, a real bond, and a testament that I truly am in a partnership with Him as I nurture the sweet spirits He has entrusted me with. On the day of her baptism, I felt a love that I knew a loving Heavenly Father was sharing with me at that moment. 

Trista was baptized and confirmed in Pensacola on March 17 by J.T. She was baptized in the same building and font as I was at 8 years old and as my mother was at 14 years old. My Uncle Jim conducted the meeting. 


                                                                                                                                                                                      

We were so happy that the Holtons made the trip down from Atlanta to be there with us. Michelle played the piano for us. Trista was thrilled to have her best friend from babyhood, Sydney, there for her special day.




 Gramps and Papa gave the talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost while Grandma and Nana gave the opening and closing prayers. 






We were all uplifted that day. Testimonies of our Savior were shared by our loved ones in attendance and the spirit was so strong. I'm so thankful for everyone that made the day so special for Trista.

No comments:

Post a Comment