Sunday, March 11, 2012

Fabulous Friday Afternoon

After the Thursday night excitement of finding the Mockinjay pin, Kassy had to wear it to co-op Friday morning. I was a little startled as I unloaded the car to hear a scream coming from the other side. As my head darted around to it's source, I discovered that it wasn't necessarily so much a scream as it was a squeal of delight from another teen Hunger Games lover. The site of the Mockingjay just does that to them I guess. It also inspired Kassy and a few friends to gather 'round our kitchen table that afternoon to make Hunger Games t-shirts for the upcoming movie premier. 




With the table occupied, the little girls dined on a fine meal of cereal in the kitchen. Yes, some nights, I'm just that lazy. Especially on nights when J.T. is on call at the hospital, as was the case Friday. But, as my dear husband says, "Hey, it's fortified!"


 Kassy's finished t-shirt. She's considering adding a little text to the back: I survived the arena and all I got was this dumb shirt. 

As t-shirts were being painted Bella and a friend were busy making gluten free cake balls. Bells has become quite the little baker with big aspirations of owning her own nut-free bakery one day. (She's my poor girl with the nut allergies.)


 The baker herself. 

Dessert is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment