Friday, March 9, 2012

Mommy, I Mean Mother Daughter Date

Kassy and I had a night to ourselves last night on what I would have once called a "mommy-daughter date." I have been increasingly aware of how much my biggest little girl has been growing up for quite some time and when I think about it too much it can get a little depressing. But, nights like last night help curb those sad feelings.  We laughed, we sang (songs which we really didn't know all the words too), we ate way too much.
 The night began at Chill, an amazing little self serve frozen yogurt cafe where your eyes are always bigger than your stomach. Among the flavors we tried were red velvet cheesecake, peanut butter cream, cupcake, and white chocolate mousse and our toppings included cheesecake bites, maraschino cherries, caramel sauce, white chocolate sauce, whipped topping, and probably a few more things I'm forgetting.  
My girl and me.

 After Chill we headed to the movies. After all that sweet at Chill it was time for some salty. We started with a whole bucket of popcorn topped with our white cheddar flavoring and well, we enjoyed it a lot. As a matter of fact, Kassy wasn't even hungry at breakfast this morning.

 At home there was no cereal, bread, or milk, so a quick stop at the store was in order. Kassy's been searching everywhere for a Mockingjay pin. She can't be expected to go to the new Hunger Games movie without accessorizing, right? Those things seem to be sold out everywhere. Well, guess what we found on our trip to the store?  
 This is actually the second take. In the first she was ecstatic, but then composed herself and made me do a second take. 
And this is a picture of the moment when it hit me again but a little harder than usual. She's growing up. She's not a little girl anymore. But, I wasn't so sad or depressed. Just proud and in awe of the amazing beauty of a young woman she is turning into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment