Friday, March 9, 2012

Flat Rock

We've been studying rocks this week in science, so Thursday after school we headed around the corner to a beautiful park with no shortage of amazing rocks to study and collect.

We started out by exploring a little and adding to the bucket we had brought along to hold our new collection. We found rocks, stared at rocks, climbed rocks, and eventually did a little slipping and sliding on rocks.
Kassy and Bella getting a good view of the park.

Kassy, Bella, and Ari enjoyed a little swinging time by the stream. 

The stream flows over a bed of flat smooth rocks as it enters the park. Occasionally, the current would catch the girls and slide them downstream a few feet. No worries, though, the deepest point is maybe six inches. 




The water was FREEZING, but that didn't stop these little girls who love to get wet.  It was just a matter of time before they adjusted.



Ari slipped and Trista was her anchor. After a little laugh, though, Trista was done and just wanted her sister off. Obviously, Aria wasn't giving up. Me, being the nice, camera wielding mother that I am, made sure I got the shot before insisting that Aria move.   


Maya stripped all on her own and quite enjoyed her return to nature. Literally. I gave up trying. I put the clothes on, she took them off faster than lightning the second my head turned. 

Kassy got a great picture of the park.

Our friends, Jenn, Lily, and Maddie, joined us for a little splashing. I decided to go and move the car a little closer to where we were playing. Kassy snapped me in the distance, with Maya strapped to my back, as I stooped to pick up a rock. 


Another Kassy pic.

Maddie, Lily, and Ari. Our little BFFs. 

These boots go with everything, whether I want them to or not. Aria wears them to church, the park, with dresses, jeans, shorts, skirts, and bathing suits. It's going to be a sad day when they break or she outgrows them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment